Monday, May 9, 2011

Superfit projects are for all! (so what's yours?)

I got the following email from an old friend of mine, whom I have not seen since elementary school. He wanted to share his success story applying the Superfit Project principles, and he has allowed me to share it with all of you.
Hope you get a few tips from his experience, and especially get some inspiration to really start working on YOUR SUPERFIT PROJECT!
As you will see, it does not matter what physical condition you have right now, or the time you have available to train. What really matters, as Cesar has demonstrated, is to take the decision to make it happen. And then do it!
Thanks to you Cesar for sharing your story and my sincere compliments on your current amazing results. With your new lifestyle, I am sure you will obtain even greater results and much more fun with your training, too! :)

Dear Jose,
I was thinking about what would be the best way to thank you for the positive changes that your posts in "thesuperfitproject.blogspot.com" have stimulated in my life, so I thought that the best way was to share my story with your readers.
Until the end of 2010 I used to carry a sedentary lifestyle. I used to do sports regularly only until I was about 18 years old, but after that a complete life change came: university, girls, parties, wedding, children, etc. Thus, I arrived at 35 years old with 112kg of bodyweight and I had become an occasional sports practitioner (terrible idea!). I used to play indoor soccer every 15 days or once a month, while the rest of the time I was full of pain in the knees, heals and back. All finished by mid 2010 when I suffered an injury in my ankle while I was playing. I had to spend $300 just to recover, and I decided that it was much cheaper to stay away from the play field.

By the end of 2010 I contacted you via Facebook, since we were classmates in elementary school, and the last time we talked was by the end of the 80's. Honestly, once I saw the lifestyle that you carry, I compared it with my own reality, and I decided that I had to start an immediate and radical change in my life.


On December 28th of last year, I started my Gracie Jiu Jitsu classes and I have not stopeed since then. I now eat healthier food, too. As a result, I now feel much better, physically and emotionally.


I started to follow your blog, and I was inspired and motivated to keep going with the life changes. I guess that others like me have been positively influenced, directly or indirectly, by your blog. This is the case with my wife and my sister. They both saw my enthusiasm and the visible changes (I have lost 12 kg already), so they got motivated as well to start practicing “dance-therapy” three times a week. And they have been doing it for the last three months.

Finally, let me share some conclusions I have reached, which I hope could be useful to others:
1. You do not have to be an athlete in top physical condition to practice any sport: just practice it at your own pace, with consistency, and the results will invariably arrive in a certain time.
2. Choose a sport that you enjoy (not the one that your friend or neighbor tells you to do because it works for him). Your training should be fun. If it is boring to you, or if it represents only a sacrifice, then for sure you will not keep doing it in the long term.
3. Once you have taken the decision to change, fight your “old-self”. Especially at the beginning of your program, you will unconsciously look for excuses to skip training (work, traffic, family, tiredness, etc). Create yourself the new habit and once you have done it, everything will be much easier. To create the habit, force yourself to follow the same activity for at least 21 days. That should be enough to make you get used to your new routine.

4. Do not follow strict diets. Just learn to eat well. (The Perfect Fat Burning Machine; Understanding the Vicious Cycle)
5. Rest assured that your body can work perfectly fine eating much less food than what you are ingesting today (without sacrifices, simply by reducing a bit your portions)

Pepe Viche, my friend, thank you again for your significant contribution to this life change. It could seem like an exaggeration, but changes like this could also save a life, or at least add healthier years to it. Only as an additional fact, last year I had my triglycerides level at 450, while the limit is only 150. Today, they are at normal levels again.

All the best
Cesar


You see!
Nothing complicated.
And actually fun!


Great results can be obtained by anybody.
By anybody who has the will to follow a path with consistency.
One step after the other.


So, what is Your Superfit Project?
What would you love doing with consistency?
Choose your activity!
(or if you are like me, choose many!!!)
But choose!


Start today.
Take your first step.
And then just keep moving.
You will be amazed to see how far you can actually go.

No comments:

Post a Comment